Software that could be used to superimpose a face on a video?

opp said:
anyone know of any?

Free? No. The harder part than the $15,000 editing suite is the hardware that you will need to run it, generally a GPGPU CUDA based server. What are you trying to accomplish? (Don't say put a different face on someone in a video I know that. 8)

edit-Apparently, FinalCut can do this now with masking. That's less than $500.00. I was thinking 3d mapping of a live image, but if it is a static image you could probably go that route.

Thanks for the reply. Basically to place the wife's face on a IR video. I didn't think it was really possible but if you don't ask you don't know. Would Finalcut do that?

opp said:
Thanks for the reply. Basically to place the wife's face on a IR video. I didn't think it was really possible but if you don't ask you don't know. Would Finalcut do that?

It's possible Finalcut could I have never seen/tried it and it would probably look awful. If you are talking about masking a relatively small area in a short clip maybe. I don't know if Finalcut has a native masking suite, so you may need to buy both. Adobe has a similar suite, but my understanding to make this even remotely believable you would need to get into texture mapping and that involves taking a high res. picture, converting it into a 3d model, tesselating it and "painting" it on the original in a 3D space. So movement doesn't cause "odd" effects, (like a head not getting smaller or larger based on perspective point of the camera) and calling it a day. <- All that mess requires CUDA and a hell of a lot of memory.

You could get the demo disc from Adobe and try After Effects. You might find some info at places like Link Removed and Link Removed .

Cancel your Membership: Epoch Billing Support

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement

Back