A THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVE ON BLACK MALE SEXUALITY & RACISM IN AMERICA, PT 1

Slave0666

I'm betting that Zagg will eat this up. This was written by a beautiful black goddess in academia. Below I've quoted some tidbits but you can read the whole thing at the link.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/a_theoretical_persective_on_black_male_sexuality_in_america

The second term I am credited with is, “Osiris Envy”. Specifically, this would be described as a spiteful malice, resentment and fear of the virile sexual potency of black males by white men in a patriarchal society. I theorize that in most white patriarchal dominated societies there is an underpinning of alarm with regard to black male sexuality.

I contends that Freud failed to attend to the possibility of male-on-male penis envy. Accordingly, it becomes conceivable that self-doubting males within a given population could grow increasingly obsessed with feelings of latent sexual inferiority fueled by the popular myths and stereotypes perpetuated in that culture. As my research demonstrates, imbued in self-doubt, shrinking self-esteem and veiled homosexual desires, indeed non-Black males throughout history have manifested the same latent sexual tendencies posited in Freudian "Penis envy" supposition, which, I posits, inaccurately theorized only occurred in females. Further, I argue that the so called penis envy phenomenon is just as prevalent in males-of-males as Freud posited it is in females-of-males. As a direct result of these contentions, it becomes impossible to examine the sexual character and potency of Black sexuality without a prerequisite, in-depth exploration of the stigmatizing of difference along racial characteristics. For me, these two concepts are cardinal and indispensable.

You're right, Slave0666, I love it. Great contribution. Everyone should have a look at this.

Cancel your Membership: Epoch Billing Support

18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement

Back